Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Still Happy: Interview with Heather Arndt"

Still on a little Happy high, I recently got in touch with the owner of Happy, Heather Arndt, who gave me an inside scoop to the shop.

Where did you get the idea to meld together a gallery show space and an artsy shop?

I was searching for a way to bring the elements of my life together, I was in product design for many years, I finished graduate school for painting, and I have a lot of artists friends who are making great work but don’t have a lot of opportunity to show it, and a lot of designer friends who are trying to create their paths in design; Happy was born from the desire to have a space to showcase, discover, and promote the people and creations that I have come to know and love, and the ones I’ve yet to meet.

How do you feel Happy serves the LA masses of consumers and art enthusiasts?

My hope is that happy is a platform for the local community to come together, see some great art, find a special something, and meet other like minded folks.

We have lots of events and a great team working here, it's exciting for me to see what will happen, who will come in and what new ideas will surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment